What We Stand For
We are an autism focused / autism driven social group for autistic adults who are 18+ and independent. Why? Because sometimes you just need to find the right tribe to hang out with and you need a little help finding it.
Due to the pandemic, SocialliiASD began online
We had online games nights hosted by our very own Aidan Dowsett. We did an online movie night. We even did an online craft night which was run by our very own Fern! Now we’re back in to face to face events and we’d love you to join us!
Do you have ideas? We’d love to hear them!
What’s a Minifesto? It’s our community code made up from our vision and splashed with our mission!
All members will be 18+, identify as being on the autism spectrum, be independent in social settings and be willing to put the time in to building relationships. All members will act with respect and kindness to all other members of SocialliiASD and have compassion and understanding for individuals personalities and abilities.
* We will embrace individuality, creativity and freedom of expression as long as it is respectful of other members.
* We will build and maintain a collaborative mindset around group development and direction.
* We will meet members where they are in regards to social interaction and will respect the way that they choose to engage with the group.
* All ideas are an opportunity for experimentation and evaluation and are welcome in the discussion as long as they are not offensive.
* We will deliver monthly social opportunities which are age and interest appropriate and are driven by the members of SocialliiASD.
* A growth mindset for self advocacy leadership will be encouraged through offering trainings, workshops, access to mentors and peer support.
* The SocialliiASD board will have at least 40% of the positions filled by members of the autism community.
* We will be an inclusive group which welcomes whole heartedly members who identify on the LGBTQ2+ spectrum.
* Bullying, demeaning speech or any hateful expression will not be tolerated and will be cause for immediate intervention and possible removal of the individual from the group.
See who created our minifesto!
Want in? See what our group is up to!
Sound like fun? Visit our facebook group below to learn more!